WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2004, Saunders PlantWeave is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Saunders International Limited (ASX code: SND), a multi-disciplined engineering and construction company which has been providing design, fabrication, construction, maintenance and industrial automation solutions for over 70 years across Australia and the Pacific Region.
We deliver innovative and total engineering solutions to major clients in defence, oil & gas, water/waste infrastructure, energy and mining sectors.
Our most valued asset and key to our success is our people who are committed to safety, professionalism, quality and engineering excellence. One Goal. One Team. Zero Harm.
Our growth and iconic project portfolio continues to provide exciting career opportunities at Saunders PlantWeave, the specialist division for industrial process automation solutions.
We are seeking an additional Senior Control Systems Engineer to further strengthen the PlantWeave team in our Darwin office.
The role includes the following responsibilities:
- Control systems design and development and delivery across a variety of projects in multiple industries
- Process and manufacturing safety automation systems
- Terminal automation design and integration
- Instrumentation specification, selection, and configuration
- Design documentation, including:
- Functional Design Specification
- Control Philosophy Development
- Control System Network Architecture Drawings
- Cyber Security Specifications
- Testing documentation including:
- Inspection and Testing Plans
- Inspection and Testing Procedures / Records / Checklists
- Factory Acceptance Testing Procedures
- Commissioning Plans
- Site Acceptance Testing Procedures
- Control Systems Network configuration and hardening
- UPS, Diesel Generator & Solar/Wind Systems Integration
- Control standards, software application development and simulation testing
- Control systems service and support
The successful candidate will possess:
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in a relevant industry/environment
- Experience with common industrial control systems such as:
- Siemens, Rockwell, Schneider Electric
- Honeywell, Yokogawa, ABB
- Emerson, Triconex, Pilz
- Experience with industrial networking and cyber security
- A proven history of delivery in large industrial automation projects
- Experience in a technical leadership position
- Proven ability to produce professional documentation
- Understanding of automation electrical systems
- An ability to interface with team members from other disciplines, including electrical, mechanical and process design
- Enthusiasm for the role and commitment to continual improvement and growth of the business
- Innovative thinking and approach to commercial and technical aspects of project delivery
- Willingness to participate in a productive and friendly team culture
Candidates will be highly regarded who can demonstrate experience with:
- Design, implementation, and certification of both process and machine safety systems (to IEC 61508 / IEC 61511 / AS 4024)
- Auditing, specification and implementation of industrial networking infrastructure to ISA / IEC 62443
- Terminal automation systems and terminal integration
- Systems integration for renewable energy (including grid control for DERs)
- Custom interface development and general automation R&D / product evaluation
- Supportive workplace culture
- Market competitive salary
- Opportunity to work across a range of diverse projects in a rapidly expanding number of industries
- An environment that actively supports continuing education and promotion from within
- Relocation assistance for you and your family
HOW TO APPLY
Please click the apply button and upload a copy of your resume. The successful applicant will be required to provide contactable references, submit personal data for a criminal record check, and undergo a pre-employment medical, including a drug and alcohol test.
We appreciate the time and effort that goes into each application. Unfortunately, because of the volume of applications we receive, we aren’t able to respond to every application. We will contact any shortlisted applicants.