As part of the Saunders International group, Saunders Civilbuild have built a solid reputation in the construction industry over the past 45 years, accomplishing difficult projects using innovative design alternatives & construction methods. We are industry experts in civil engineering disciplines, precast concrete, heavy industry concrete foundation works, bridge design and construction, foundation systems, jetty & wharf construction and building and construction management.
We are seeking a confident and experienced Project Manager to join our busy bridge construction team on a full time basis. The role is based out of our Charlestown office, but will require travel to and the delivery projects across NSW.
The role will involve leading and controlling all phases of assigned projects, managing company employees and subcontractors and effectively engaging all stakeholders. The chosen candidate will utilise their prior experience in project management to deliver projects while balancing customer delivery expectations around quality and contract specifications with those of Saunders. These include cost management, profitability and ensuring compliance with company policies and legislation on health, safety and environment. There are always opportunities to participate in business development.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
To be successful in the role you will have:
- A degree in civil engineering, construction management or similar
- Experience on bridge projects
- Strong commitment to safety, customer satisfaction and quality
- Ability to cultivate and maintain a positive relationship with the client and employees under your direct supervision
- Attention to detail
- The ability to meet targets under pressure
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Computer literacy
- Ability to lead a team and build internal and external relationships
- Current driver licence
- Construction Induction Card
- Market competitive remuneration
- Flexible working arrangements negotiable with project requirements
- This is a role with high autonomy. You will have the opportunity to lead and develop your team with support from management.
- Ongoing engagement
- Supportive workplace culture
- Years of service recognition and rewards
Saunders is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all appropriately qualified and experienced people.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please click the apply button and upload a copy of your resume. The successful applicants will have full working rights in Australia, be able to provide contactable references and undergo a pre-employment medical and Drug & Alcohol test.
We appreciate the time and effort that goes into each application. Unfortunately, because of the volume of applications we receive, we aren’t able to respond to every application. If you are invited for an interview, you will generally be contacted within 2 weeks of the job ad closing date.