WHO WE ARE
Saunders Civilbuild have built a solid reputation in the civil construction industry over the past 45 years, accomplishing difficult projects using innovative design alternatives & construction methods. We are industry experts in civil engineering disciplines, precast concrete, heavy industry concrete foundation works, bridge design and construction, foundation systems, jetty & wharf construction and building and construction management.
If you are an experienced and safety conscious Carpenter or Excavator Operator, join our Tamworth based construction team now! You will play an essential role in our Regional Rail Network bridge upgrade project. This job is ideal for locals who are available for an immediate start.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
To be successful in either role, you will have:
- Construction White Card
- Rail Industry Worker Card (Highly advantageous)
- Certificate 111 Carpentry or Equivalent (Carpenters only)
- Excavator Operator proof of competency is highly regarded
- Reliable transport and current driver licence
- Safe Working at Heights (Desirable)
- Relevant experience in civil construction industry, preferably with experience in bridgeworks
- Conform with all Rail Safety requirements, raising any concerns to supervision
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Initiative and ability to work unsupervised
- High safety and quality standards
- Communicate clearly, follow directions with excellent time management skills
- Be physically fit and capable to complete manual tasks - the role may involve manual lifting, bending, squatting, and kneeling
- Ability to complete a pre-employment medical including a drug & alcohol test.
- Proof of right to work in Australia - please provide a valid passport (along with visa if applicable) or birth certificate
A competitive above award salary is on offer.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please click the apply button and upload a copy of your resume. The successful applicant will be required to provide contactable references and undergo a pre-employment medical, including drug & alcohol screen.
We appreciate the time and effort that goes into each application. Unfortunately, because of the volume of applications we receive, we aren’t able to respond to every application. You will be contacted for an interview should you be shortlisted.