Operating successfully and continuously for over 65 years, Saunders' considerable knowledge and experience ensures we provide to our clients a range of innovative solutions for their individual project specifications. We have an extensive portfolio of projects, delivering large and complex solutions, including terminal expansions, engineering procurement, tank and bridge construction and remediation projects.
We are seeking an experienced and safety focused Boilermaker/ Welder to join our Perth based team now! You will play a vital role in our tank upgrade/maintenance project in Kwinana, WA. We are looking for candidates who are local to Perth – no FIFO positions or LAFHA available.
We are keen to talk to you if you are:
- Trade qualified boilermaker (Australian recognised)
- Experienced in tank construction and/or maintenance is highly desirable
- Experienced in maintenance of aluminium dome roofs and internal floating roofs is highly regarded
- Proficient in stick and flux core welding and ability to pass ASME standard xray tests – 2G & 3G, using the FCAW and SMAW processes
- Capable and confident with interpretation of engineering drawings
Having welding tickets or EWP would be advantageous.
Requirements for the role:
- Tank construction and/or maintenance experience highly regarded
- Willingness to work flexibly within your role to assist others as needed within the team
- Previous heavy industry experience
- Construction Industry Induction (white card or equivalent)
- Valid Drivers Licence
- Current confined space ticket valid within the last 3 years
- Current safe work at heights ticket valid within the last 3 years
- High safety and quality standards
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Ability to complete a pre-employment medical including a drug & alcohol test
Scope of Work includes:
- Maintenance overhaul of 1 tank
- Removal of the tank’s floating roof and replacement with an Aluminium geodesic dome roof.
- Installation of an internal aluminium floating roof
- Cut and re-instate a door in the tank shell.
- Modifications to wind girder, walkway and stairs and platforms.
Above award pay rates and conditions of employment apply.
Comprehensive COVID-19 measures including strict hygiene practices and social distancing are in place on the work site to help protect you and your team mates.
If you are confident you have the skills, knowledge and experience to fulfil this role then JOIN OUR TEAM NOW!
How To Apply
To apply, please click the apply button and upload a copy of your resume. The successful applicant will be required to provide contactable referees.
We appreciate the time and effort that goes into each application. If you are shortlisted you will be contacted for an interview. Unfortunately, because of the volume of applications we receive, we aren’t able to respond to every application.